Are You Ready to Buy a Home?
A home is likely the biggest purchase you’ll ever make - so it's important to make sure you have a knowledgeable sales agent by your side to help you navigate this complicated process.
How Do I Find the Right Sales Agent?
A Sales Agent is your guide through the real estate market, so what makes an agent "right" for you depends on your needs. Look for a sales agent that has specialized knowledge of the communities you're interested in as well as the types of homes you like. This person should also be someone you feel comfortable with - do you like their sense of humor? Do they seem attentive to your needs?
So where do you start? Ask your friends and colleagues for referrals. Use the web and social media to search for local agents. All Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Westchester Properties sales agents can be conveniently searched and filtered through our Find An Agent database.
Why Should I Use a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Westchester Properties Sales Agent?
Every sales agent at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Westchester Properties possesses the local knowledge and market expertise that will prove indispensable from listing to closing. Our sales agents also benefit from one-on-one coaching to develop qualitative skills (communications and negotiations, for example) as well as specialized training to help our sales professionals leverage quantitative resources like technology and social media.
- Obtain Mortgage Pre-Approval: Review mortgage options and shop for the most competitive rates and programs.
- Determine Timeframe, Needs and Price
- Register for Property Watch Reports: Receive email updates
on new listings and price reductions.
- View & Evaluate Properties: Explore neighborhoods and review schools.
- Review Comparative Market Analysis with Sales Agent
- Submit Offer: Discuss with your sales agent how much to offer, leaving room to negotiate. Your sales agent will advise you of all pros and cons to consider.
- Contract Acceptance: Work with your sales agent to consolidate records needed for your mortgage application.
- Before the Closing: Schedule inspections, obtain homeowner's insurance and choose an attorney to represent you at the closing.
What's the Home Buying Process Like?
The buying process is comprised of many steps, but it all starts with a conversation. During this initial consultation, we'll identify your needs, priorities and lifestyle preferences, from the neighborhoods you favor to the most appealing schools. We'll also discuss your financing options. Having a clear understanding of what you can afford for a down payment as well as ongoing monthly expenditures such as the mortgage, utilities and real estate taxes will help clarify and expedite your home search.
Your Westchester Properties sales agent will also facilitate the process of pre-qualifying you for a mortgage and securing the most competitive rate and terms on your loan.
Using your needs and preferences as a guide, your sales agent will identify properties that may be a match for you. Together, we'll visit these and discuss the potential of each, as well as what you like and dislike about them.
Once you find the home of your dreams, your sales agent will carefully review comparable homes recently sold in the community to determine an appropriate offer, negotiate terms and respond to possible counter-offers. When your offer is accepted, we'll help you finalize other key decisions such as home inspections and possession dates. We'll also offer guidance in choosing an attorney to represent you at closing and connect you with reputable moving companies.